We are currently recruiting for a Chief Security Officer (CSO), reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, to be responsible for ensuring the security, privacy, and compliance of Tunstall’s operations on a global scale.
This role could work on a hybrid basis from any of our main hubs, Manchester city centre, Malmo, or Madrid.
What will you be doing in this role?
As our CSO, you will safeguard the company’s internal infrastructure, but also influence and contribute to the security and resilience of our operations, assets, and reputation. This role is not just the shaping of strategy but the execution and be hands-on delivery of this strategy. You will help shape and build a comprehensive cyber security and information security strategy
that aligns with business objectives and play a pivotal role in ensuring the security of our SaaS products.
The identification, assessment, and prioritisation of security risks associated with both internal and external factors and ensuring the compliance with all relevant laws and regulations related to security, including GDPR (and other relevant data protection regulations), are vital to the success of this role.
You will lead, inspire, and mentor the security and compliance teams globally, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and excellence, as well as promoting security awareness throughout Tunstall, upskilling, and educating colleagues as required.
We are a global business, and our business language is English, so you must be fluent in English to be considered for this role.
The Ideal candidate:
To be successful in this role you will have proven experience in cyber and information security, in a leadership role. You will have a strong knowledge of software as a service (SaaS) products and on-premise technical solutions, with demonstrable experience of delivering security solutions for SaaS products. You will be able to demonstrate success in shaping, building, executing, and implementing a comprehensive cyber security and information security strategy. This role does require someone with in-depth technical cyber security and information security knowledge.
You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, able to convey and ensure an understanding of complex messages. In addition, you will be a proven and collaborative leader, with a strong teamwork ethic, a can-do attitude, happy to be both strategic and hands on, and used to working in a fast-moving organisation, able to create structure and clarity from ambiguity.
Experience with a hardware provider / manufacturer as well would be highly desirable.
What we offer:
- Hybrid Working,
- Competitive salary + potential bonus,
- Car allowance,
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays,
- A warm and welcoming team environment.
Some of your key tasks will be…
- Develop, execute, deliver, and provide support on a comprehensive cybersecurity and information security strategy that aligns with business objectives,
- Lead, mentor, and oversee a small global team responsible for security operations, incident response, and threat detection, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and excellence,
- Collaborate with the Group IT team to ensure the organisation is protected against cyber threats and maintain an effective incident response plan,
- Play a pivotal role in ensuring the security of Tunstall’s SaaS products,
- Identify, review, select, and manage our relationships with appropriate third-party security partners for our products,
- Work closely with product development teams to embed security principles into the product lifecycle,
- Ensure appropriate security assessments, penetration testing, and code reviews are conducted,
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations related to security, including GDPR, if applicable,
- Stay informed about evolving cybersecurity regulations, standards, and best practices,
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to address security and privacy concerns,
- Identify, assess, and prioritise security risks associated with both internal and external factors,
- Develop and maintain a risk management framework to mitigate risks effectively,
- Establish and enhance incident response plans and conduct drills,
- Evaluate and manage security risks associated with third-party vendors and partners, including those providing security solutions,
- Establish robust vendor security assessment processes and due diligence procedures to ensure the security of third-party products and services,
- Collaborate with external security vendors and consultants to enhance our security posture and stay current with industry best practices,
- Promote a culture of security awareness throughout Tunstall, upskilling and educating colleagues as required,
- Develop and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the effectiveness of security initiatives,
- Drive continuous improvement in security strategies and practices globally.
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Security, or a related field, or equivalent experience,
- Proven experience in cyber security and information security, in a leadership role,
- Strong knowledge of SaaS and on-premise technical solutions,
- Proven experience in delivering security solutions for SaaS products,
- Excellent understanding of compliance standards and regulations relevant to the industry,
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA are a plus,
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Excellent leadership skills (ideally of a global team),
- A collaborative individual, used to working cross functionally, able to influence and guide individuals,
- Proven experience, and happy to be, both strategic and hands-on in approach,
- Demonstrable experience of successfully driving change and transformation within a business.
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of more than 3,000 colleagues provides life saving and life changing technology and services to millions of people in 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.