We are currently looking for a Head of IT, to be responsible for the effective strategic alignment, development and operation of computing and IT based services which support both Tunstall’s customers and businesses. This role is based in Malmo, Sweden you will be based in the office at least 60% of the working time with some international travel required on an ad hoc basis. Fluent English language level is required for this role, any Nordic language ability would be desirable.
But there’s more to this than just the ‘day job’. As a Group we’re embarking on an exciting period of transformation. We want to fundamentally transform the systems, processes, people, and technology across our business, to achieve measurable and sustainable improvements in our delivery, colleague engagement and stakeholder satisfaction. You’ll play a vital part in contributing to this transformation, helping to shape the IT systems and processes we use.
What will you be doing in this role?
In this vital and challenging role, you will build strong working relationships with the IT Leadership Team globally and with key Stakeholders across the business, to help identify, design, and implement systems and process improvements, both regionally and globally. You will be a part of our Nordics regional executive team, playing an active role in business decisions and advising where IT can add value and promote growth and efficiencies, as well as working closely with our Group IT team, making sure IT strategy and direction is aligned across Tunstall. You will work cross-functionally and drive a culture of ‘Enterprise First’, ‘Function Second.’
You’re remit is wide ranging and you will have responsibility for IT Operations and Service Delivery, Risk Management, Business Continuity, Telecommunications, Security, Compliance, Vendor and Project Management.
The development, monitoring and control of our operating and capital budgets and providing support to the broader IT team on our IT Infrastructure Architecture is vital to the success of this role.
In addition, you will lead and coach a team, including complex capacity planning, to make sure we have the required resource in place and work with the Head of People to proactively identify skill / capacity gaps and put in place plans to remedy these.
The Ideal candidate:
To be successful in this role you will proven experience of managing IT Teams, with a track record of building successful cross-functional working relationships, delivering and operating successful IT programmes of some size and complexity. You will have gravitas and a collaborative approach, with excellent people leadership and management skills. As a highly effective communicator, both written and verbally, you will be able to influence others and translate technical concepts into user’s language.
Key skills and experience:
- Successful experience in managing IT Teams, Business Systems, IT Infrastructure and Service Delivery functions,
- Leadership of a team, and preferably as part of a Global organisation,
- Proven track record of delivering and operating successful IT programmes of some size and complexity,
- Proven record of accomplishment in building and working in cross-functional collaborative teams,
- Change management and ITIL experience,
- Proven ability to develop and maintain Budgets, including the delivery of projects within budget and timeframes,
- Be objective in all decision-making processes to ensure the right decision is made for Tunstall,
- Business and results oriented. Pacey, yet thoughtful – in line with Business plans and objectives,
- Excellent people leadership and management skills,
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to translate technical concepts into user’s language,
- Clear planning and resource allocation capabilities.
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + potential bonus
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- A warm and welcoming team environment
- Development and a chance to build a rewarding career
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of more than 3,000 colleagues provides life saving and life changing technology and services to millions of people in 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.